TinyStarter, the small Windows app for quick access to programs and with a built in calculator, web search with default browser.
Latest download can also be found at the Publish page.
Show/hide app by pressing ALT+ Space.
- Type and press enter to launch the program.
- Calculate as you type!
- Double click on the calculated result to copy to clipboard
- Advanced calculator with help as you type!
- Search the web, type and press ENTER
- (As long as no program has been found or any calculation is made)
- Run as (Admin)
- Open file location
- Add your own folders for indexing with for all or specific file extensions
- Place last started apps in top search
- Hash values for MD5, SHA1 and SHA256 (drop a file in the main window)
- Run commands
- Start with Windows
- Easy access in the toolbar
- Hex colors – Type a hex color to get the color, for example #FFFF00 for yellow
It’s a WPF ClickOnce application that will search for updates when the application starts.
Start commands as windows run command. Do this by using cmd:, run: or admin: (to run as adminstrator) followed by what you want to run. I added shortcuts c:, r: or a:. RUN and CMD will do the same, ADMIN will run with elevated privileges.
- “cmd:msconfig” or “c:msconfig”
- “run:msconfig” or “r:msconfig”
- “admin:msconfig” or “a:msconfig”
To start the command prompt
- “c: cmd” or “r :cmd”
- “a: cmd” to start the command prompt as administrator
Refresh IP Address type one of the following and press enter
Get hash values for files
Drop a file in the main window and get hash value for a file. This includes hash values for MD5, SHA1 and SHA256. In addition file size and path will be visible. Double click on any value to copy it to the clipboard.
Advanced calculator, math operations
Double click will copy what’s been calculated to clipboard.
The simple but very powerful calculator can handler advanced operations.
- Abs(x) Returns the absolute value of a number.
- Abs(Single) Returns the absolute value of a single-precision floating-point number.
- Asin(Double) Returns the angle whose sine is the specified number.
- Atan(Double) Returns the angle whose tangent is the specified number.
- Atan2(x,y) Returns the angle whose tangent is the quotient of two specified numbers.
- Ceiling(Decimal) Returns the smallest integral value that is greater than or equal to the specified decimal number.
- Cosh(Double) Returns the hyperbolic cosine of the specified angle.
- DivRem(x,y,z) Calculates the quotient of two 32-bit signed integers and also returns the remainder in an output parameter.
- Exp(Double) Returns e raised to the specified power.
- Hex(x) Return the decimal value from value x.
- Floor(Decimal) Returns the largest integer less than or equal to the specified decimal number.
- IEEERemainder(Double, Double) Returns the remainder resulting from the division of a specified number by another specified number.
- Log(x)/Log(x,y) Returns the natural (base e) logarithm of a specified number/Returns the logarithm of a specified number in a specified base.
- Log10(Double) Returns the base 10 logarithm of a specified number.
- Max(x,y) Returns the larger of two integers.
- Min(x,y) Returns the smaller of two integers.
- Pi Returns the value of Pi (3.1415926535879)
- Pow(x,y) Returns a specified number raised to the specified power.
- Round(Double)/Round(Double, Int32)/Round(Double, Int32, MidpointRounding)/Round(Double, Int32, MidpointRounding)
- Sign(x) Returns an integer that indicates the sign of a integer or decimal number.
- Sign(Decimal) Returns an integer that indicates the sign of a decimal number.
- Sinh(Double) Returns the hyperbolic sine of the specified angle.
- Sqrt(Double) Returns the square root of a specified number.
- Tan(Double) Returns the tangent of the specified angle.
- Tanh(Double) Returns the hyperbolic tangent of the specified angle.
- Truncate(Decimal) Calculates the integral part of a specified decimal number.
When installing or updating the application update Windows might warn you about unsafe software.
To install click OK in the first dialog.
Windows protected your PC dialog click on the link More Info
Click on the button Run anyway and the application will install.
-18.104.22.168 – 2018-11-11
- Added math function Hex(x) which will return the decimal value
- When using hex color “#FFF” you will also get the RGB code
-22.214.171.124 – 2018-10-21
- Getting hash values now runs on a separate thread to not lock up the UI
-126.96.36.199 – 2018-10-20
- Double click on hash values will copy them to the clipboard
- Moved the status text to always be at the bottom
-188.8.131.52 – 2018-10-06
- Added setting for keep result when running
- Added setting for clear when closing
-184.108.40.206 – 2018-10-03
- New setting for mark text on open
-220.127.116.11 – 2018-09-15
- Search now find all results where each letter/digits appear in order
- “vs” vill find “Visual studio”
- “vsso” will find “Visual Studio“
- “fxr” will find “Foxit Reader”
-18.104.22.168 – 2018-05-10
- Double click on the calculated result will now copy this to the clipboard
- Bug fix for hash values
-22.214.171.124 – 2017-12-28
- Added command to run ipconfig/renew, type “iprenew” or “ipconfig/renew” to get a new IP address
-126.96.36.199 – 2017-08-13
- Double click on result to start applications
-188.8.131.52 – 2017-03-16
- Hex color can now be shown when typing in a hex code. #FFFF00 for yellow
-184.108.40.206 – 2016-11-29
- Reset window position from system tray or right menu
- Extension that are left empty will now index all files
- Bug fixes for folder window
- Updated handling on indexing, a new reload will restart indexing instead of running multiple threads at once
-220.127.116.11 – 2016-11-28
- Add custom folders and extensions.
-18.104.22.168 – 2016-11-21
- Drag and drop file to get hash values for MD5, SHA1 and SHA256
-22.214.171.124 – 2016-10-13
- Run command line
- Start command prompt
-126.96.36.199 – 2016-09-28
- SQLite implemeted
- Complete rework of how data is stored and used
- Statistics in settings dialog
-188.8.131.52 – 2016-09-27
- Advanced calculator
- Helper with math operators
- New settings dialog
-184.108.40.206 – 2016-09-21
- Up/down arrow will show the latest started applications
-220.127.116.11 – 2016-09-20
- Thousand separator for calculations
- Check for update has been reworked and will no longer try to install but require a manual relaunch for TinyStarter to be updated
-18.104.22.168 – 2016-09-18
- Only one instance allowed
-22.214.171.124 – 2016-09-13
- App will now search for “.appref-ms” files
- New about window
-126.96.36.199 – 2016-09-11
- Show icons in serach result
- Added event logging for errors
-188.8.131.52 – 2016-09-08
- Bug fixes,
- Search by pressing enter when no other result is visible.
- Removed search by starting with letter “s”.
- Fix bug where default browser didn’t work for Edge. Edge will now launch with google as search engine.
-184.108.40.206 – 2016-09-07
- Web search: Type “S [SPACE] [query]” and press ENTER.
-220.127.116.11 – 2016-09-06
- Update with Check for update should hopefully work and close to app before starting a new one
- Latest started apps will be placed highest when searching
- Clean up old index searches